So I finally have finished the refurbishment of the Kepco JQE75-1.5M PSU.
I forgot to upload this post so it is about a week late unfortunately, but better late than never.
In this final instalment I have already finished the first PSU, then I do the entire 2nd PSU the same way as the first to show you what I went through to get the finished product.
The total cost of this project was around $35
- $10 each for the PSU’s
- $9.74 for a pair of screens
- couple of dollars worth of resistors and diodes
- few cents worth of solder and heatshrink
It took a good few hours to do each modification, the longest part was grinding down the metal to fit the IEC connector. This would have been seconds with the proper tools but I didn’t have them 😛
The PSU’s appear to be working fine, though I need to do a proper burn-in test to be 100% certain of their stability.
Hopefully more projects to come soon.
Thanks for watching!