Open Workbench Logic Sniffer case – Part 3

The glue is not quite set, even after 24 hours and the connectors had shifted so I’ve had to re-glue them 😛

The connectors were also too low set in respect to the OWLS board so I had to raise them up anyway.

 

The next thing I needed to do while I was working on it, was to find a way of keeping the platform that the OWLS board/s are on from sliding forwards when I try to plug in the USB, I decided to to make a small metal spacer that hold onto the platform and push against the in inside of the front panel, I decided to wrap tape around the end so it wouldn’t cut into the wires and come up with a way of it holding onto the platform.

2015-10-21 23.30.20

I basically folded a piece of metal over, used a nibbler to cut a notch out then opened it out.

 

2015-10-21 23.31.05

Here you can see the space in position, I checked it in the case and it seems to be correct.

 

 

2015-10-21 23.50.05

Concerning the connectors, I had to re-glue them as I mentioned above, and I used some cardboard to act as a spacer. I also dolloped some glue onto the spacer to hold it in place. This time to stop them shifting during the gluing, I have used a clamp over the edge of my desk. If this fails, then I’m falling back onto good old hot-glue 😛 I may even just add some for good luck. I don’t expect any heat within the case so I know that isn’t an issue using it.

So it’s time to wait once more for the glue to dry 😛 hopefully the expansion board arrives in the morning so I can get it all in the packed up in it’s case. If not, I will put it all together with it’s 16 channels and upgrade it at a later time. Though I will fit the header and make a cable so the upgrade will be quick.

I will check this again in the morning.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *